Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My current non-beauty favorites (aka things I am obsessing over)| Smugnificent

If you are subscribed to my Youtube channel you know that I am uploading monthly favorites videos called "What Rocked, what Sucked & what has Finished" since more than 2 years now. Occasionally I also upload videos with non-beauty favorites since many seem to enjoy them so this time I decided to post all the non-beauty things I am currently obsessing over so that all my blog followers can get to know my non-beauty side a bit better.



Αν είστε συνδρομητές στο κανάλι μου στο Youtube ξέρετε πως κάνω σχεδόν κάθε μήνα εδώ και πάνω από 2 χρόνια τη σειρά videos "What Rocked, what Sucked & what has Finished" με αγαπημένα και μη προϊόντα. Μερικές φορές ανεβάζω και videos με non-beauty αγαπημένα επειδή πολλοί από σας τα ζητάτε οπότε αυτή τη φορά αποφάσισα να ανεβάσω όλα τα non-beauty πράγματα με τα οποία έχω εμμονή το τελευταίο διάστημα.



I will start with a staple among the favorites of all the bloggers and you tubers I know: a candle! Lately the candle I have fallen in live is the Ski Lodge, my first Bath & Body Works candle. I got this from the Cosmetic Obsession, Swiss online store and I am absolutely happy with it. I love the packaging and I have never seen a candle burning so nicely as this one. I admit that I expected the "smokey" vanilla part of the scent to be more distinct and that at first I found it overpowering. Soon I started loving the scent and I find it very warm and season appropriate. If you don't like heavy, unisex scents this might not be perfect for you.


I really love stationary and living in Switzerland where the stationary choices are disappointing makes me suffer. This is the reason I always shop for cute notebooks when I travel and my friends do the same and always bring me the most kawaii things they find. The ones that stand out lately is a beautiful London themed notebook by Accessorize and a cute Disney princesses notebook from Brazil! They are fun and sweet and they have the perfect size to carry around every day. Of course I am still and always obsessed with my Q&A 5-year diary in which you reply one question every day for 5 years and see how you are evolving during this period of time. I am currently filling in my second year  and I find it amazing. 


Next I have some more techie favorites. I have gotten a new computer just before the Christmas holidays and I decided  to splurge on a gorgeous keyboard and mouse set that I wanted since long, the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop. It looks very funky and it was a bit difficult to get used to at first but it is so ergonomic and feels very comfortable. I love the weird mouse shape and how the numpad is separately. 


If I had to choose to include just one thing for this post it would be my new Philips Wake-Up Light. I got an older model from Amazon as these alarm clocks are freaking pricey and it works perfectly and I love it so much. The light intensity from this gradually increases in 30 minutes before your set alarm. It creates a rising dawn effect allowing you to wake up more pleasantly and naturally and after a few weeks of using this I cannot speak highly enough. You can select one of the 2 available natural sounds or the radio for setting your alarm. I don't know how more advanced the newest models are but I love this one crazily already!


Let's talk accessories! I know you where expecting these but I am always obsessed over the wonderful jewelry my lovely Cel's deconails creates. This specific set of rainbow glitter pendant and ring she gifted me on Christmas is so gorgeous that I cannot take it off. I am wearing this nearly every day and it is a true eye-catcher. The glitter swifts color and when the light hits it, it is just...beyond words! Don't forget that with the code SMUG10 you can get 10% off for any purchase over 15 dollars at her etsy or storenvy stores.

photo taken by Cel's Deconails, featuring yours truly

I imagine you also expected my new Daniel Wellington watch since I have featured it quite a lot lately on my blog, channel and social media. I love the lightness and the minimal elegant design of this and I end up wearing it all the time, although I had never been a watch lover. I have reviewed it extensively on a previous post so if you want to learn more go check it out. Daniel Wellington were kind to offer a 15% discount on every product from www.danielwellington.com to my followers with the code valentines_owcsecrets, which is valid for just a few more days until February 28th.


My next favorite is also a gift by my lovely Cel and it is the latest CD by Season Of Ghost, called The Human Paradox. The musician behind this project, Sophia Aslanidou, has an amazing, beautiful voice and is in charge of composition, lyrics and co-production. As she herself describes the sound of Season of Ghost: it combines extreme rock and metal sounds, harsh electronics and powerful, compelling vocals, through the eerie spectrum of a Sci-Fi, horror movie.


For the end I kept some food stuff. My favorite type of breakfast is cereal and lately I am loving the Farmer Croc Waldbeere Müesli and the familia pure balance Almonds & Honey both from local brands, really healthy and very delicious. Another product that I am using every single day is the Spicy sauce by Maggi. I love spicy food and I am even putting this in my salads...obsessed. Last but not least is the only food supplement I am taking since more than 3-4 years now. These are Sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) capsules and are improving the quality of skin, hair and nails. I am taking good care of my skin, hair and nails in general but I truly believe that these things help, especially to keep my hair healthy and strong. 


These are the non-beauty things I am loving lately and I would love to read yours in the comments. Have you tried any of my favorites? Do you have things which you believe I would love to recommend to me?



Ελληνική εκδοχή

Θα ανέβει μέσα στις επόμενες 1-2 μέρες. Λυπάμαι για την καθυστέρηση.


2 comments:

  1. I looooove that jewelry! I love pieces that are a bit different, ya know, and these certainly are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is very talented, I have so many unique pieces from her <3

      Delete